The 80’s Bag
The 80’s Bag
Holds all you want. Holds all you need.
Everything about the McWilliam Blue Holdall is practical. Hand made from abrasion-resistant, durable fabric, your McWilliam Blue Holdall fits a surprising amount of your belongings and, even when full, can be squeezed into tight storage spaces.
We’ve been hand-making McWilliam Bags in our loft near Crosshaven Co. Cork, since 1971. Many of those bags are still in use after 30 years because after a while, a McWilliam bag isn’t luggage – it’s a companion.
For every order placed, we will plant two trees on your behalf through Eden Reforestation Projects in regions that are most impacted by deforestation: Madagascar, Haiti, Nepal, Indonesia, Mozambique, Kenya, and Central America.
Key Features of the Holdall
- Made of highly durable, abrasion-resistant fabric
- Water resistant to keep gear dry
- Industrial strength zip with corrosion proof slider
- Double stitched, reinforced handles
- Sewn McWilliam Sailmakers Logo
- Large main compartment with end pocket for small item storage
- Folds to small size for compact storing when not in use
The McWilliam Holdall – Grab it, pack it and stow it and your gear is home and dry
General Sizing Information
We are frequently asked “what size bag should I get!?” Below we give a few examples of what each size is generally used for. The capacity and dimensions of each bag are also listed in the table below.
- Small [S]: We recommend the small size as a handy day bag or gym bag. Handy for going to the pool or the kids going to school. Ideal for 6-11 year olds also.
- Medium [M]: The medium is by far the most popular size of McWilliam Bag. Ideally sized for day to day use and airplane carry on luggage; you will wonder how you ever managed without one. Ideal for 11+ years old and teenages/secondary school students.
- Large [L]: If you need a bit of extra space for all your sports gear, or if you’re aren’t fond of taveling light, then the large size is for you. We have traveled all over the world sailing with a large bag as our trusty carry on luggage partner. If they ask, simply squish it to fit!
Carry On Luggage Advice
We use Large and Medium Bags as carry on luggage all the time. The medium is within airline dimensions. The large is slightly bigger but we have never been questioned in all our years of flying. No one questions style and good taste after all!
Capacity & Dimensions
The below dimensions are approximate. As each of our bags is hand made there will be a small variation from the stated sizes.
|Size (cm) L x W x H
|52 x 24 x 25
|60 x 28 x 24
|68.5 x 28 x 24
|< 1 kg
|< 1 kg
|< 1 kg
It usually takes 5 working days (Mon-Fri) to make a custom McWilliam Bag. This time applies to:
- All bags with custom embroidery.
- Bags without embroidery which we do not have in stock.
Please call us to check stock availability if you are in a particular rush for a certain bag. Otherwise please allow 5 working days for manufacture and delivery.