FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take?
It usually takes 5 working days (Mon-Fri) to make a custom McWilliam Bag. This time applies to:
- All bags with custom embroidery.
- Bags without embroidery which we do not have in stock.
Please call us +353 (0)21 483 1505 to check stock availability if you are in a particular rush for a certain bag. Otherwise please allow 5 working days for manufacture and delivery.
We regularly get ask what size we recommend. Below are some examples!
- For primary school bags and kids under the age of 13 we recommend a Medium sized bag.
- For secondary school pupils/teenagers we recommend a Medium, or Large sized bag if they intend using it for sport that require a lot of gear; like sailing!
- For weekend trips or day bags for adults and children alike we recommend a Medium sized bag.
Carry on Baggage
A Medium sized bag is ideal for airplane carry on baggage. Most airlines will also accept a Large sized bag although we do not guarantee this will always be the case. We have never had any issues bringing Large bags on board as carry on baggage. Ryan Air say that the small size is the size permitted as carry on, but again, we’ve never had an issue with taking a medium on board.
Do you repair old bags?
To a certain extent yes.
- We can replace the zip slider on your old bags if it has seized or is broken. Please contact us or post the bag to us directly with a note and your contact details enclosed. Cost: €5.00 plus €6.00 P&P
- We can replace the entire zip on your old bags if it is ripped. Please contact us or post the bag to us directly with a note and your contact details enclosed. Cost: €20.00 plus €6.00 P&P
- We cannot repair ripped corners or tears in bags unless they are readily accessible. Please call us for more details.
Can you embroider an old bag?
We can. Usually this will require us taking out the end of the bag, embroidering it and putting it back in. As it is additional work, we would charge €20 to do the embroidery.
Please Note - Colours may vary from what is displayed in the photography
This is due to variations in printing the cloth/manufacturing the webbings. Please note, that the consumer rights act in Ireland 2022, states that you have no legal right to a refund if you simply change your mind about a product or decide you don’t like the colour or fit of an item.
Where are we?
When are you open?
We are open normal business hours 8:45 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and from 8:45am to 4:30pm on Friday.
We are not open on Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays.
We can leave your order in our collection box on your request.
Please call us on 021-4831505 to arrange.
What’s the refund/return policy?
Should you for any reason be dissatisfied with your newly purchased item, you have the right to return it within 30 days of receipt according to the conditions listed below. We only accept unused bags. Online orders must be returned to McWilliam Bags, 1 The Square, Crosshaven, Co. Cork. You can exchange your bag in store also.
- Returns accepted for 30 days
- Customer provides return shipping
- No embroidered product is eligible to be returned
All items returned to us in this manner will be inspected. Returned items must not display any signs of wear.
A return shall be refused if:
- There are visible signs of wear
- The item has been damaged during shipping
Should the item become lost in the mail when being returned, no refund of its original cost will be made. We recommend that you send the item with a delivery company that offers a track & trace service.
Should an item display defects in quality or not be the item you ordered, McWilliam Bags is more than happy to refund you the purchase price, shipping costs for returning the item, any duty or taxes charged (please include customs forms) and the original shipping charges.
All items returned in this manner will be inspected by us for defects in quality. In any case, please contact us before shipping.
A refund may be refused for the following reasons:
- Acts of God, such as natural disasters
- Evidence of inappropriate use
- Interference by the purchaser or a third party
- Extreme use or extreme treatment by the purchaser
- Normal signs of wear and tear
The costs for returning an item are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Items can be returned to the following address: 1 The Square, Crosshaven, Co. Cork
The item(s) returned plus original shipping costs are refunded. Any duty or taxes that have been paid will not be refunded.
The refund of the purchase price shall be processed in the same way as the original payment was made.
What are the last ordering dates for Christmas 2023?
Ireland: Order by 8th December
NI: Order by 8th December
Europe: Order by 8th December
UK & Rest of World: Order by 4th December