Key Features of the Blue Holdall
- Made of highly durable, abrasion-resistant fabric
- Water resistant to keep gear dry
- Industrial strength zip with corrosion proof slider
- Double stitched, reinforced handles
- Sewn McWilliam Sailmakers Logo
- Large main compartment with end pocket for small item storage
- Folds to small size for compact storing when not in use
The McWilliam Blue Holdall – Grab it, pack it and stow it and your gear is home and dry.
General Sizing Information
We are frequently asked “what size bag should I get!?” Below we give a few examples of what each size is generally used for. The capacity and dimensions of each bag are also listed in the table below.
- Small [S]: We recommend the small size as a handy day bag or gym bag. Handy for going to the pool or the kids going to school. Ideal for 6-11 year olds also.
- Medium [M]: The medium is by far the most popular size of McWilliam Bag. Ideally sized for day to day use and airplane carry on luggage; you will wonder how you ever managed without one. Ideal for 11+ years old and teenages/secondary school students.
- Large [L]: If you need a bit of extra space for all your sports gear, or if you’re aren’t fond of taveling light, then the large size is for you. We have traveled all over the world sailing with a large bag as our trusty carry on luggage partner. If they ask, simply squish it to fit!
Carry On Luggage Advice
We use Large and Medium Bags as carry on luggage all the time. The medium is within airline dimensions. The large is slightly bigger but we have never been questioned in all our years of flying. No one questions style and good taste after all!
Capacity & Dimensions
The below dimensions are approximate. As each of our bags is hand made there will be a small variation from the stated sizes.
|Size (cm) L x W x H||52 x 24 x 25||60 x 28 x 24||68.5 x 28 x 24|
|Weight (Kg)||< 1 kg||< 1 kg||< 1 kg|
It usually takes 5 working days (Mon-Fri) to make a custom McWilliam Bag. This time applies to:
- All bags with custom embroidery.
- Bags without embroidery which we do not have in stock.
Please call us to check stock availability if you are in a particular rush for a certain bag. Otherwise please allow 5 working days for manufacture and delivery.
Grace Murphy –
My husband Mark has had a McWilliam bag over 25yrs and still loves it. My son is always asking for one so I just bought one for Christmas as a surprise. I can’t wait to give it to him and to see my husband’s face!
Jess Horgan –
The most hard wearing and durable bag I have ever owned, would have one in every colour if I could. Absolutely love it!
Dee Griffiths –
Love my bag nearly as much as my dogs….oh and my husband and kids!
Eoin Kilkenny –
Have my bag over 20 years since I was 12. It’s traveled the world with me and been on every continent. Needed minor repairs last year and McW were brilliant to deal with. Fixed up like new. Will have it for at least the next 20 years!
I have two bags that I got when I started school in Crosshaven in ’91. I was a boarder so one bag was for school books; the other for clothes and weekly supplies. I still use both bags; they’re in prefect condition!
Rebecca (verified owner) –
Bought one as a Christmas present for someone. Such high quality – a bag for life! I love that you can embroider your bag to make it personal – such a lovely touch! And it was delivered so quickly too. Highly recommend 🙂
Karen Collins (verified owner) –
Have just ordered a new McWilliam bag as my first one is getting scruffy but hey! I have used it regularly for the past 35 years!!! Outstanding quality.