All McWilliam Bags are hand made in our sail loft just outside Crosshaven, Co. Cork. We pride ourselves on product quality. Because of this quality our bags have been known to last up to 30 years!
- Made of highly durable, abrasion-resistant PVC fabric
- Water repellent to keep gear dry
- Industrial strength zip with corrosion proof slider
- Double stitched, reinforced handles
- Sewn McWilliam Sailmakers Logo
- Large main compartment with end pocket for small item storage
- Folds to small size for compact storing when not in use
General Sizing Information
We are frequently asked “what size bag should I get!?” Below we give a few examples of what each size is generally used for. The capacity and dimensions of each bag are also listed in the table below.
- Extra Small [XS]: These make lovely baby bags or are ideal for short trips to the gym or beach. Many customers buy them as presents for new borns or toddlers to get them started on the journeys!
- Small [S]: We recommend the small size as a handy day bag or gym bag. Handy for going to the pool or the kids going to school. Ideal for 6-11 year olds also.
- Medium [M]: The medium is by far the most popular size of McWilliam Bag. Ideally sized for day to day use and airplane carry on luggage; you will wonder how you ever managed without one. Ideal for 11+ years old and teenages/secondary school students.
- Large [L]: If you need a bit of extra space for all your sports gear, or if you’re aren’t fond of taveling light, then the large size is for you. We have traveled all over the world sailing with a large bag as our trusty carry on luggage partner. If they ask, simply squish it to fit!
- Extra Large [XL]: The more space you have the more things you find to fill it. If you fill and extra large McWilliam Holdall we’ll be impressed … why could you possibly need that much stuff!?
Carry On Luggage Advice
We use Large and Medium Bags as carry on luggage all the time. The medium is within airline dimensions. The large is slightly bigger but we have never been questioned in all our years of flying. No one questions style and good taste after all!
Capacity & Dimensions
The below dimensions are approximate. As each of our bags is hand made there will be a small variation from the stated sizes.
|Size (cm) L x W x H||46 x 18 x 19||52 x 24 x 25||60 x 28 x 24||68.5 x 28 x 24||81 x 28 x 24|
|Weight (Kg)||< 1 kg||< 1 kg||< 1 kg||< 1 kg||< 1 kg|
It usually takes 5 working days (Mon-Fri) to make a custom McWilliam Bag. This time applies to:
- All bags with custom embroidery.
- Bags without embroidery which we do not have in stock.
Please call us to check stock availability if you are in a particular rush for a certain bag. Otherwise please allow 5 working days for manufacture and delivery.