Do you enjoy working with your hands to make tangible products that brighten up people’s lives and homes? Do you have an eye for colour and a mind for details? Put your strengths to work as a sewing machine operator with our company. In this role, you will work as part of small team creating bags, have input into new designs and materials for bags, making windsocks and repairing sails. This is the perfect role for a person who’s looking for a diverse role within the company.
- Operate and maintain sewing machines and related parts.
- Read and interpret work orders , manage bag orders, windsock orders, and sail repairs.
- Input into new products/colours/materials, and designs to expand our product offering.
- Prepare materials for machine embroidery and other automatic embellishment, including securing fabric in hoops, templates or clamps and guiding into machine
- Using the plotter to mass cut out bag/windsock cloth
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed
- Meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly output and quality goals
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old to work with industrial machines
- Good physical (hand/eye) coordination
- Basic computer skills (email, word processing)
- Some experience with sewing machines
- Experience in a retail setting a bonus
Contact us via Facebook, Instagram, or email: email@example.com
Place of Work: The Mill, Hoddersfield, Crosshaven, Co. Cork, P43 EY26
Hours: 9am to 5pm daily, with some seasonal variations, Cork Week will change hours, additional hours can be offered over busy periods. Flexible hours can be discussed
Pay: Hourly pay rate