FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take?
It usually takes 5 working days (Mon-Fri) to make a custom McWilliam Bag. This time applies to:
- All bags with custom embroidery.
- Bags without embroidery which we do not have in stock.
Please call us +353 (0)21 483 1505 to check stock availability if you are in a particular rush for a certain bag. Otherwise please allow 5 working days for manufacture and delivery.
We regularly get ask what size we recommend. Below are some examples!
- For primary school bags and kids under the age of 13 we recommend a Medium sized bag.
- For secondary school pupils/teenagers we recommend a Medium, or Large sized bag if they intend using it for sport that require a lot of gear; like sailing!
- For weekend trips or day bags for adults and children alike we recommend a Medium sized bag.
Carry on Baggage
A Medium sized bag is ideal for airplane carry on baggage. Most airlines will also accept a Large sized bag although we do not guarantee this will always be the case. We have never had any issues bringing Large bags on board as carry on baggage.
Do you repair old bags?
To a certain extent yes.
- We can replace the zip slider on your old bags if it has seized or is broken. Please contact us or post the bag to us directly with a note and your contact details enclosed. Cost: €5.00 plus €6.00 P&P
- We can replace the entire zip on your old bags if it is ripped. Please contact us or post the bag to us directly with a note and your contact details enclosed. Cost: €20.00 plus €6.00 P&P
- We cannot repair ripped corners or tears in bags unless they are readily accessible. Please call us for more details.
Can you embroider an old bag?
We cannot embroider old bags or a bag which has been bought at another retail outlet. This is because the end of the bag is embroidered with your text/logo before the bag is assembled. To ensure you bag is embroidered please order from us directly.
Where are we?
When are you open?
We are open normal business hours 8:45 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
We are not open on Saturdays.
We can leave your order in our collection box on your request.
Please call us on 021-4831505 to arrange.