FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take?
It usually takes 5 working days (Mon-Fri) to make a custom McWilliam Bag. This time applies to:
- All bags with custom embroidery.
- Bags without embroidery which we do not have in stock.
Please call us +353 (0)21 483 1505 to check stock availability if you are in a particular rush for a certain bag. Otherwise please allow 5 working days for manufacture and delivery.
We regularly get ask what size we recommend. Below are some examples!
- For primary school bags and kids under the age of 13 we recommend a Medium sized bag.
- For secondary school pupils/teenagers we recommend a Medium, or Large sized bag if they intend using it for sport that require a lot of gear; like sailing!
- For weekend trips or day bags for adults and children alike we recommend a Medium sized bag.
Carry on Baggage
A Medium sized bag is ideal for airplane carry on baggage. Most airlines will also accept a Large sized bag although we do not guarantee this will always be the case. We have never had any issues bringing Large bags on board as carry on baggage. Ryan Air say that the small size is the size permitted as carry on, but again, we’ve never had an issue with taking a medium on board.
Do you repair old bags?
To a certain extent yes.
- We can replace the zip slider on your old bags if it has seized or is broken. Please contact us or post the bag to us directly with a note and your contact details enclosed. Cost: €5.00 plus €6.00 P&P
- We can replace the entire zip on your old bags if it is ripped. Please contact us or post the bag to us directly with a note and your contact details enclosed. Cost: €20.00 plus €6.00 P&P
- We cannot repair ripped corners or tears in bags unless they are readily accessible. Please call us for more details.
Can you embroider an old bag?
We can. Usually this will require us taking out the end of the bag, embroidering it and putting it back in. As it is additional work, we would charge €20 to do the embroidery.
Where are we?
When are you open?
We are open normal business hours 8:45 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and from 8:45am to 4:30pm on Friday.
We are not open on Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays.
We can leave your order in our collection box on your request.
Please call us on 021-4831505 to arrange.
What’s the refund/return policy?
We will accept returns of unused bags and tote bags that have not been customised. We cannot refund any items that have been embroidered. Please contact us to discuss refund/return options
What are the last ordering dates for Christmas 2022?
Ireland: Order by 12th December
NI: Order by 12th December
Europe: Order by 12th December
UK & Rest of World: Order by 7th December